Supporting the work of Carmelites in their mission of helping people to develop intimacy with God and flourish in their spiritual life
Join the Carmelite Priory Family With joy we invite you to become part of our worldwide Carmelite Priory family. Together we can continue to faithfully carry out the work that God has entrusted to us. For the important work of prayer and spiritual renewal, we are now asking you to be part of our future and share our mission by joining the Friends of Carmel.
The Friends of Carmel will:
· Enable people who have a spiritual connection with the Priory to keep in touch
· Enable people who share an affection for Carmel to support the vision and mission of the Priory
· Enable access to a resource of wisdom, advocacy, as well as potential practical volunteer help.
Whether you have been a retreatant at the Priory, taken some of our courses, attended in-person or online our talks or programmes, been a patron of our Carmelite Book Service, a reader of our Mount Carmel magazine, as someone with a spiritual link with the Priory, you are invited to join this special family.
By becoming a ‘Friend’, you will be supporting and sharing in the Priory’s spiritual mission of helping people from all walks of life to develop intimacy with God and to flourish in their spiritual lives.
As a Friend you will:
• be remembered in the daily prayers and sacrifices of the Carmelite friars
• share in the Mass offered monthly for the intentions of Friends
• have free access to many of our Teresian Media Publications’ videos and online resources
• receive a token gift from the Priory from time to time in appreciation for your friendship
• receive a dedicated e-newsletter so you can be informed of the impact you are making on many lives, learn of all our new projects and the happenings in the Carmelite family, as well as updates on what other Friends have shared about their experiences on the spiritual journey.
• receive a special invitation to a Friends’ Weekend. These special weekends in spring and autumn of each year. Friends will have the opportunity to stay at the Priory and enjoy its peace and beauty, socialise with the Priory community and team, as well as with other friends over meals and drinks. There will be time for talks or workshops and, of course, time for silent prayer and reflection.
For the Priory The Friends scheme increases the friendship circle of the Priory. It will connect the friars with friends who will support our work through the generous sharing of time, talent and treasure. The scheme will also generate important extra income for the Priory which will enable us to secure our future and extend our work in the areas of:
• spreading the riches and wisdom of the Carmelite contemplative and mystical tradition through our various initiatives.
• maintenance and improvement of our buildings, facilities and grounds
• provision of bursaries for young retreatants, the unwaged and those who are unable to afford the full cost of some of our offerings
• develop programmes for young adults which will ensure that younger generations will value the Carmelite contemplative lifestyle and thereby sustaining the Carmelite charism into the future
How to join To join the Friends of Carmel, simply choose the membership subscription that appeals to you and also send a short introductory email to Fr Kelvin of Jesus, OCD: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to enjoying our encounter as friends. God bless.