CACS-Logo-200

Programme Details

Dates: Monday 6th to Friday 10th July 2020

Location: Carmelite Priory, Boars Hill, Oxford OX1 5HB

Programme Requirements

No prior knowledge is required, and presentations are pitched at an introductory level. While you are expected to complete some pre-course reading, you are not required to produce any written work during the week.

Fees

We adopt a tiered pricing system. Our quoted prices are fully inclusive of participation in the course, refreshments, two course lunch, and full access to the Carmelite Priory facilities, e.g., our meditation rooms, chapel and library. We believe that the benefits of biblical and spiritual formation should be available to everyone regardless of their financial or life situation and that the transformational journey is enriched by a diversity of participants. Recognising that what is affordable for some can be a financial stretch for others, we are happy to offer a tiered pricing structure (Sustainable Price and Supported Price) for our courses. When you book, please select the price that feels appropriate for you.

Our Sustainable Price is £400. This can be paid in instalments.

Our Supported Price is £350. This can also be paid in instalments and reflects a partial bursary toward the cost of the course and is intended for those with minor financial need.

Accommodation

If you wish to stay at the Carmelite Priory during your course, please call the Administrator at 01865 730183/730133 to find out about availability and rates and to book your accommodation. Course participants who stay at the Carmelite Priory will receive discounted accommodation rates. Below is a list of some local accommodation:

Acorn Guest House
The Balkan Lodge
Browns
Cherwell Guest House
Hawkwell House Hotel
Heather House
Holiday apartment
Iffley Town House
Isis Guest House
Lakeside Guest House
Milka’s
Scott House Accommodation
Travel lodge
The Tree at Iffley
Victoria Hotel

Non-residential

You may wish to enrol on a non-residential basis whereby you can take classes and have lunch at the Priory, having arranged your own accommodation elsewhere.

Application

CACS Scripture & Spirituality Summer School courses are designed for an international audience of adults.

Please note: our courses fill up fast and so early registration is strongly recommended. Registration closes on 1 June 2020.

If you wish to enrol please complete an application form and email it to us at courses@carmelite.org.uk or send by post to:

Director of Programmes
Centre for Applied Carmelite Spirituality,
Carmelite Priory,
Boars Hill,
Oxford
OX1 5HB

Please include a non-refundable deposit of £100. Cheques to be made payable to “Carmelite Priory (CACS)”.

For bank transfers see details below:

Name of bank: Barclays
Switch Code: BUKBG22
IBAN: GB84 BUKB20651853108856
Account Name: Carmelite Priory (CACS)
Sort Code: 20-65-18
Account No.: 53108856

Cancellations and Refunds

Participants who wish to cancel must inform the CACS Administrator in writing: by email to courses@carmelite.org.uk or by post to Centre for Applied Carmelite Spirituality, Carmelite Priory, Boars Hill, OXFORD, OX1 5HB, UK.
The following cancellation and refund policy applies in all cases:

  • Cancellations received up to and including 30 April 2020 – CACS will retain the non-refundable fee of £100; all other fees paid will be refunded.
  • Cancellations received between 1-31 May 2020 – CACS will retain 60% of the fees paid; the remaining 40% of fees paid will be refunded.
  • Cancellations received on and after 1 June 2020 – no refunds will be made.

For more information please call 07849596572 or email: inquiries@carmelite.org.uk